I found this stone in my father's old stuff. I tried to search online for about it but I don't know what is it. It looks to be a rare stone.

Can someone identify it?

enter image description here


closed as unclear what you're asking by gerrit Nov 2 '18 at 12:23

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • $\begingroup$ Please read this and add more info. Don't you know anything about where it was found? $\endgroup$ – Jan Doggen Oct 9 '18 at 13:59
  • $\begingroup$ I haven't ever seen anything like this. One would need more information to identify, see Jan Doggen 6's comment. And perhaps some better photos including the broken edge. $\endgroup$ – Friddy Oct 9 '18 at 20:41
  • $\begingroup$ This may be a potsherd of some sort? The visible surface looks like paint or glaze, or even deteriorated gilding. But only more info and photos will make real identification possible. $\endgroup$ – Spencer Oct 9 '18 at 21:23