Can anybody help me identify this?
It was found in a friends yard. It’s very heavy, non-magnetic, and shines like silver. The rock was found by a friend in the yard by itself. Seems extremely hard, tried to saw through it with a steel jigsaw blade, but barely made a dent and only shined the area.
- Location: Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Found: In a field in backyard (by itself possibly).
- Lustre: Metallic.
- Weight: Very heavy for it’s size 8” x 4”.
- Hardness: Unknown (Steel Jigsaw Blade would not cut).
- Other properties: Does not flake, Not made up of layers, seems to be a complete solid, Top portion has crust like appearance as compared to sides, not easy to break(very solid), did not appear to be attracted to magnet (usd neomydium magnet).