I am new to time series data analysis. I wonder how would one test the difference between integrated quantities (area under curve) from different time-series curves? (the time series are plotted with biweekly GHG flux data, the flux data has standard error associated with it). Like comparing cumulative/annual total greenhouse gas emission in different geographical regions. Thank you very much.

  • $\begingroup$ What do you mean by "test the difference". You can just compare the integrated values. Or you mean to test if the differences are statistically significant?? I find the question unclear, please explain better your problem. $\endgroup$ Apr 3 '19 at 17:09
  • $\begingroup$ Yes, I mean testing the statistical significance of the difference $\endgroup$
    – y chung
    Apr 3 '19 at 17:45
  • $\begingroup$ Do you know the error associated with each data point? $\endgroup$ Apr 3 '19 at 18:12
  • $\begingroup$ Yes, I have standard error of each GHG flux data point $\endgroup$
    – y chung
    Apr 3 '19 at 20:12
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ In any case, I think this is a question for Cross Validated SE, not Earth Sciences, in spite of the data being related to Earth Sciences. $\endgroup$ Apr 4 '19 at 1:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.