I don’t know much about were I live, I am from ny and only moved here a few years ago. I found it in Smithfield nc we’re I love with my dad and kids now.. I wish I had more information. Yes the rock was wet pic and dry If I had a rock tumbler I would love to see what it would look like clean and polished. But when I wet sand paper 120 grit to try and shape it it just ate it and did nothing really to it. If u would like it u can have it. I just really would like to know what it is. If u want I can take new pics. But yeah it had no reaction to a butter knife scratched the glass and scratched porcelain and didn’t leave and streak color that I could see. It knowing is driving me nuts lol.
I'd say that's either a pegmatitic vein or a strange conglomerate.
A pegmatitic vein is basically a fracture on which a hot fluid (generally water) percolated which had a lot of ions that precipitated. Since the crystals are rather large, I think it's pegmatitic (that is basically a descriptive term of the "texture" used for when the crystals are anomalously big). It probably has quartz, carbonate, or both, albeit both would be rather odd.
An conglomerate is a sedimentary rock composed of many grains larger than 2mm.
I'm betting my buttons the red is actually iron coating - some sedimentary rocks around here have similarly colored quartz, and it's all iron coating. (oxidized iron becomes reddish and they're bloody common)
These guesses are of common things. Maybe it's something rarer, who knows.
I am comfortable calling your rock an Alkali Feldspar Granite. The two main minerals will be Potassium Feldspar, the reddish coloured crystals, and Quartz, the clear mineral on the broken section and the white on the weathered surface. See the QAPF diagram from Wikipedia here. Most or all of the feldspar is of the Alkaline type and amounts to approximately 60% of the rock, the remaining quartz approximately 40%. A quick search on Alkali Feldspar Granite will turn up images of rocks similar to yours.
The crystals in the rock are of typical size for many plutonic rocks, i.e. rocks from slowly cooled magma.
There is also likely some iron staining coming in from the surface.
I suspect that you will not have any acid reaction with HCL or if you did it would be from the exposed surface only. Muriatic Acid is a readily available type of hydrochloric acid you can purchase from a hardware store, used to clean cement finishes, it is stronger than dilute form of HCL used to test for carbonates, but it would rule calcite and other carbonates out. I don't expect carbonates because they are typically softer than either quartz or feldspar and wouldn't weather smoothly like your stone appears to have weathered.
This is a quartz vein that has moderate hematite alteration. There is no feldspar in this sample.