Daughter found a really unique rock and says its a meteorite (she's 5). We are not sure. She found it on the playground at school on the ground.
- It does have some magnetism to it (minor amount - only enough to make it slightly wobble)
- Has blue mixed in with it. If thought it might be paint but after cleaning it is blended in with other rock.
- It has pockets of rust on it.
- 1" (2.5 cm) wide by 2" (5 cm) long by 1.25" (3.2 cm) high.
- In between a 5.5 and 6.5 hardiness, although different areas seem to have different hardiness.
- Coordinates 43.982272,-70.288418 (0011-0008-A1, New Gloucester, ME 04260, USA)
Can someone help me identify it?