I study about fluvial terraces. However, resources related to this topic are limited. When I searched fluvial terraces in geomorphology books, I cannot find anything, but I find river terraces. My English is not good, so I am not sure fluvial terraces and river terraces are same. Do these two terms represent the same topic, please help me?


1 Answer 1


In English, the word fluvial comes from the Latin word for river.

Fluvial processes are processes associated with rivers or streams and the deposits and forms created by them.

River terraces and fluvial terraces are the same thing.

  • $\begingroup$ Thank you so much @Fred. $\endgroup$
    – Sun
    Dec 13, 2020 at 21:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.