On my project, Stability classes is an useful tool to analysis the weather condition for one place.
Using R Package
Worldmet, I can get the hourly weather data for specific weather station based on its code at NOAA-NCDC in the world.
It contain variable like this:
- "ws", "wd"： wind direction and speed
- "air_temp", "atmos_pres", "visibility", "dew_point", "RH": these variables' meaning is obvious.
- "ceil_hgt"： ceiling height
- "cl_1", "cl_2", "cl_3", "cl": Cloud cover for different layers in Oktas (1-8)
- "cl_1_height", "cl_2_height", "cl_3_height": Height of the cloud base for each later in metres.
- "pwc": The description of the present weather description (if available)
I want to classify the stability classes hourly based on those variables.
Referencing to the chart follows which I clipped from NOAA
I found out my variables may not support the classify job.
Is there some better computation way or data access to get the stability classes for one site?