I have been studying the Humber, Gander and Terra Nova rivers in Newfoundland. I have been given a table of discharges, and for the peak discharges I see:
- Gander: around April and May (rougly from day 101 to day 141 if day 1 = January 1st)
- Humber slightly after Gander
- Terra Nova has a peak discharge around March, before the others
For the minimum discharges I see:
- Terra Nova: around day 201 of the year
- Gander: around day 211 (June/July)
- Humber: January and February and then again slightly after Gander.
So clearly climate, both the precipitation of rain and snow affects this discharge but what is the cause behind the different times in max and min discharge of these three rivers?